Windows System Administration (2020)
The intent of the Windows System Administration Knowledge Unit is to provide students with skill to perform basic operations involved in system administration of Microsoft Windows based systems. Cannot be used in conjunction with Linux System Administration (2020) or Operating System Administration (2020) Knowledge Units.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Set up user accounts.
- Configure appropriate authentication policies.
- Configure audit capabilities.
- Perform back-ups.
- Install patches and updates.
- Review security logs, and restore the system from a backup.
- OS Installation
- User accounts management (Access controls, Password Policies, Authentications Methods, Group Policies)
- Command Line Interfaces
- Configuration Management
- Updates and patches
- Event Logging and Auditing (for performance and security)
- Managing System Services
- Backup and Restoring Data
- File System Security
- Network Configuration (port security)
- Host (Workstation/Server) Intrusion Detection
- Security Policy Development
- Data Management Systems Security
- Digital Forensics, Specialization Area
- Health Care Security
- Industrial Control Systems-SCADA Security
- Secure Cloud Computing
- Security Incident Analysis and Response
- Security Policy Development and Compliance
- System Security Administration
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials