Virtualization Technologies (2020)
The intent of the Virtualization Technologies Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of how modern host virtualization is implemented, deployed, and used. Students will understand the interfaces between major components of virtualized systems, and the implications these interfaces have for security.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe the fundamental concepts of virtualization.
- Compare and contrast the different virtualization architectures.
- Virtualization Architectures
- Virtualization techniques for code execution
- Memory management in virtual environments
- Networking in virtual environments
- Storage in virtual environments
- Scheduling of virtual machines
- Migration and snapshots
- Virtual management layers
- Digital Forensics in virtual environments
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials