Supply Chain Security (2020)
The intent of the Supply Chain Security Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the security issues associated with building complex systems out of third party components of unknown (and potentially unknowable) origin.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe the issues related to outsourcing hardware and/or software development and/or integration.
- Describe methods to mitigate these issues, and the limitations of these methods.
- Global Development
- Off Shore Production
- Transport and Logistics of IT Components
- Evaluation of 3rd Party Development Practices
- Understanding of the Capabilities and Limits of Software and Hardware Reverse Engineering
- Health Care Security
- Secure Cloud Computing
- Secure Mobile Technology
- Security Policy Development and Compliance
- System Security Administration
- Systems Security Engineering, Specialization Area
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials