Operating System Administration (2020)
The intent of the Operating System Administration Knowledge Unit is to provide students with skill to perform basic operations involved in system administration of operating systems. Cannot be used in conjunction with Linux System Administration (2020) Knowledge Unit or Windows System Administration (2020) Knowledge Unit.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Set up user accounts.
- Configure appropriate authentication policies.
- Configure audit capabilities.
- Performing back-ups and restoring the system from a backup.
- Install patches and updates.
- Review security logs.
- OS Installation
- User accounts management (Access controls, Password Policies, Authentications Methods, Group Policies)
- Command Line Interfaces
- Configuration Management
- Updates and patches
- Event Logging and Auditing (for performance and security)
- Managing System Services
- Backup and Restoring Data
- File System Security
- Network Configuration (port security)
- Host (Workstation/Server) Intrusion Detection
- Security Policy Development
- Data Management Systems Security
- Data Security Analysis
- Digital Forensics, Specialization Area
- Health Care Security
- Industrial Control Systems-SCADA Security
- Secure Cloud Computing
- Security Incident Analysis and Response
- Security Policy Development and Compliance
- System Security Administration
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials