Network Forensics (2019)
The intent of the Network Forensics Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability apply forensics techniques to investigate and analyze network traffic.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe the methodologies used in network forensics.
- Analyze and decipher network traffic, identify anomalous or malicious activity, and provide a summary of the effects on the system.
- Packet Capture and Analysis (Wifi, LAN)
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Interlacing of device and network forensics
- Log-file Analysis
- Forensic Imaging and Analysis
- (must include hands-on activities)
- Data Security Analysis
- Digital Forensics, Specialization Area
- Network Security Administration, Specialization Area
- Network Security Engineering
- Secure Mobile Technology
- Secure Telecommunications
- Security Incident Analysis and Response
Related Knowledge Units
Davidoff, S. and Ham, J., 2012. Network forensics: tracking hackers through cyberspace. Upper Saddle River: Prentice hall.
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials