Network Forensics (2014)
This is the approved element for 2014 per the Centers of Academic Excellence program office.<ref>CAE Requirements and Resources</ref> The intent of this Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability apply forensics techniques to investigate and analyze network traffic.
- Students will be able to describe the methodologies used in network forensics.
- Students will be able to analyze and decipher network traffic, identify anomalous or malicious activity, and provide a summary of the effects on the system.
- Packet Capture and Analysis
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Interlacing of device and network forensics
- Log-file Analysis
- Forensic Imaging and Analysis
- (must include hands-on activities)
- Digital Forensics (2014)
- Network Security Administration (2014)
- Network Security Engineering (2014)
- Secure Cloud Computing (2014)
- Secure Mobile Technology (2014)
- Secure Telecommunications (2014)
Related Knowledge Units