Information Assurance Standards (2020)
The intent of the IA Standards Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the common standards related to information assurance.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Compare and contrast different types of standards including: laws, regulations, policies, voluntary, and framework-based standards.
- Map the processes for the creation and/or changes to different types of standards.
- Describe the impact of legal/regulatory standards on a given system.
- Describe how standards may be applied and assessed for a sub-contractor or customer.
- List and describe key provisions of common standards.
- Data breach disclosure laws
- NIST 800-53
- FDA 21 CFR part 820/806
- Rainbow Series
- Commercial Standards
- Open Standards
- Health Care Security
- Security Policy Development and Compliance
- Systems Security Engineering, Specialization Area
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
The Rainbow Series http://uh.edu/tech/cisre/resources/ia-resources/rainbow-series/
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials