Fraud Prevention and Management (2020)
The intent of the Fraud Prevention and Management Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the necessary knowledge to develop plans and processes for a holistic approach to preventing and mitigating fraud throughout the system lifecycle.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe the components of the fraud triangle - necessary condition for fraud.
- Describe the cost and effectiveness of common fraud detection and prevention methods.
- Analyze record keeping and management procedures for assets and to identify/correct weaknesses.
- Describe legal and ethical requirements for detecting, preventing and reporting fraud.
- Describe investigative procedures for fraud.
- Describe common methods of financial statement fraud.
- Symptom Recognition
- Data Driven Detection
- Investigation of Theft
- Conversion Methods
- Inquiry and Reporting
- Financial, Revenue and Inventory
- Liability and inadequate disclosure
- Consumer fraud
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials