Forensic Accounting (2020)
The intent of the Forensic Accounting Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability to apply forensics techniques to respond to and investigate financial incidents.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe common forms of financial statement fraud and related detection techniques.
- Describe and implement methods of indirectly estimating concealed revenue and income.
- Describe common methods of money laundering and related methods of prevention and detection (including related laws and regulations).
- Compute loss, damages, and business value for occurrences of fraud, theft and fraudulent financial statements.
- Investigative Accounting
- Fraudulent Financial Reporting
- Misappropriation of Assets
- Indirect Methods of Reconstructing Income
- Money Laundering
- Transnational financial flows
- Litigation services
- Evidence Management
- Economic Damages and Business Valuations
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials