Digital Communications (2019)
The intent of the Digital Communications Knowledge Unit is to provide students with knowledge of the protocols and methodologies used in modern digital communications systems.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe digital communications systems in terms of subsystems and modulation techniques.
- Describe the current state of the art in digital communications.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to digital communications and describe the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Components of a digital communications system
- Coding schemes
- Digital Signaling
- Spread Spectrum Signals
- Multi-User Communication Access Techniques
- CDMA, TDMA, FDMA, SDMA, PDMA
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials