Device Forensics (2020)
The intent of the Device Forensics Knowledge Unit is to provide students with the ability to apply forensics techniques to investigate and analyze a device.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Describe methods for the acquisition/analysis of widespread, non-PC devices.
- Explain the legal issues related to non-PC device forensic activities.
- Mobile Device Analysis (e.g. smart phones, tablets)
- Embedded Systems (e.g. GPS, games consoles, Smart TVs)
- Internet of Things Devices (e.g. consideration of potential for evidence storage)
- Must include hands-on activities using devices mentioned above
- Digital Forensics, Specialization Area
- Secure Mobile Technology
- Security Incident Analysis and Response
Related Knowledge Units
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials