Data Structures (2019)
The intent of the Data Structures Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of the basic abstract data types, associated operations and applying them to solve problems.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- List the most common structures and data formats for storing data in a computer system.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of different data structures/formats.
- Utilize common data structures
- Implement data structures
- Lists (Linked List, Double Linked List, other list types, hash tables)
- Data Formats in languages
Related Knowledge Units
Algorithms, 4th Edition by Robert Sedgewick and Kevin Wayne Addison-Wesley Professional, 2011, ISBN 0-321-57351-X.
Open Data Structures, by Pat Morin
Mark A. Weiss, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java, Second Edition, Addison Wesley, 2007. ISBN # 0-321-37013-9
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials