Cybersecurity Ethics (2020)
The intent of the Cybersecurity Ethics Knowledge Unit is to provide students with an understanding of ethics in a cyber context, to examine typical situations where ethical dilemmas arise and to provide the students with tools for ethical decision making.
To complete this KU, students should be able to:
- Explain how ethical foundations are applied to situations arising from the interconnected world.
- Examine diverse ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the role of cybersecurity in supporting and encouraging ethics, as well as where cybersecurity practices can cause ethical conflicts.
- Ethical Codes and Frameworks
- Ethics and Cyberspace
- Ethical Issues
- Rights of others
- Respect and principles of community
- Resource use, allocation, and abuse
- Ethics-based decision tools
- Cybersecurity and social responsibility
Suggested academic readings
Sample knowledge test
Sample skills test
Sample abilities test
Additional notes or materials